Test and Inspect Fire Alarm Technician
LOCATION: Raleigh/Clayton, NC
SUMMARY: Responsible for operating with minimal supervision while performing fire protection inspections and minor repairs. Responsible for the effective execution and documentation of pre-scheduled system inspections. Technician must understand requirements in accordance with NFPA 72 and local Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Performs other related tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Develop a thorough understanding of integrating a fire alarm system with HVAC controls, smoke management systems, elevator controllers, sprinkler/suppression systems, card access, security systems and CCTV.
- Be able to coordinate between inspection deficiencies and the service required to correct found deficiencies.
- Prepare associated paperwork/forms for customer service activities. Return completed documentation required for master customer file, future inspections, service, accounting and payroll in a timely manner as required by procedures.
- Honor all schedules, including customer commitments.
- Be able to interpret company policies, adhere to EES’ rules of engagement, and enforce safety regulations while on the job.
- Maintain all maintenance and upkeep of company provided vehicles, returning proper documentation as required.
- Submit job receipts to appropriate personnel at the end of every workday.
- Complete all required, mandatory, and recommended training.
- Ensure job quality and customer satisfaction is maintained in every stage of the project.
- Interact with upper management and other trades, customers, and vendors/suppliers to build lasting relationships.
- Inform Leadership of all issues affecting production, materials, schedule, costs, and relationships.
- Serve as trainer and coach for other crew members.
- Maintain upkeep and whereabouts for all equipment pieces in your possession.
- Be willing to accept other reasonable duties that may be assigned to you.
- Must have a “can do” attitude and be able to take on individual responsibilities with minimal over site.
- Must be self-motivated, have a positive outlook and have the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have great communication skills (face-to-face, phone, text, and email) and be able to work seamlessly with various personality types you may encounter (including employees, customers, and business partners).
- Must know how to quickly read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and schematics.
- Must always maintain a professional appearance. This includes being well groomed (clean cut hair), wearing shirts with EES logo (provided) and nice denims or khakis (no baggy or torn pants), using appropriate shoes, removing facial or ear jewelry, and refraining from unsafe accessories (such as wallet chains, bracelets, etc.).
- Must have experience with computers and software including Microsoft Word, Gmail and Excel.
- Must be willing to obtain Level II NICET Certification for inspection and testing of fire alarm systems, if not previously obtained.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma/GED (Required)
- Strong working knowledge of life safety and NFPA codes. NICET II or NICET III (Preferred). (Equivalent experience will be considered assuming individual pursues NICET education.)
- Working knowledge of alarm panels, devices and critical components. (Required)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record (Required)
- Meet the state requirements for Alarm Inspections (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Background Check (Required)
- Drug Test (Required)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to read and write clearly.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, AHJs (Authorities Having Jurisdiction) and the public.
- Report to the Operations Manager or Service Manager as needed and/or required.
- Major Health Employee Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Nine Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- Cell Phone
- Company Vehicle
About Edwards Electronic Systems:
Edwards Electronic Systems has a reputation for protecting people’s lives and property for over 22 years. We have built our life-safety and security reputation by taking on large, challenging projects across North and South Carolina, and diligently inspecting & maintaining these existing systems. We have over 65 employees who have made this success possible and are looking to add to this devout team!